What if I told you that you could send emails to contacts who visited certain pages of your website automatically?
Those emails could be something along the lines of:
- “Hi, I see you’re interested in… let’s talk”,
- “We’re having a promotion on the product you were looking at this month”,
- Or any messaging that will help to convert that contact into a customer, or repeat customer.
This is just a small example of what is possible by using marketing automation, tools that can help make your marketing tasks more efficient, allow you to communicate with contacts at just the right time, and ultimately add to your bottom line.
The use of marketing automation has definitely changed the way that industry professionals implement strategies and actions. Managing big marketing campaigns before automation tools existed could be quite challenging. Many marketing teams had to manually send and answers emails, trigger campaigns, sales follow-ups, and more.
If you are a marketer or business owner, you know that the number of digital channels has increased considerably. While these opportunities are great to promote business, sales, and attract the ideal client, managing all these channels effectively can be a full time job.
So what is Marketing Automation?
In short, marketing automation is a tool or software that can automate part of your marketing, sales, and business. It helps the marketer prioritize, organize, and execute actions in an efficient way.
This does not means that the job of the marketer becomes irrelevant, they still need to be the brains behind the marketing. The automation makes the process of implementation faster and frees up your time to strategize and do market research.
Key benefits of Marketing Automation Tools
- Targeted Marketing
- Customer Acquisition
- Customer Retention
- Increased Revenue
Did you know?
- With automation tools you can track who has opened your emails and automatically send reminders to those who have not. You can also send customized responses to those who did, particularly if they visited your website after reading your email.
- You can know who is on your website (page visits in real-time) and what pages they visited, then update their contact record with those details so when you are speaking with them in future you will have a sense of what they are interested in. You an also then serve them with relevant ads when they are on other websites.
- On a daily basis marketers find themselves with many different contact outcomes, so one can set up actions based on customers interactions with your business and website, providing countless options for what you can automate.
There is no substitute for good marketing planning and strategy, but once you have your goals and tactics set out, marketing automation tools make a great solution to help implement your actions and provide analytics that help assess your efforts and prove ROI (return on investment).
At SeeThrough Web we use ActiveCampaign as our newsletter system and for providing a variety of marketing automation tasks. We’ve found it to be very powerful and quite reasonably priced. If you’d like to try it for yourself they offer a free trial.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know more about possibilities with marketing automation and how to take advantage of it in your business.