It’s no secret: your business success is directly linked to how well you capture the attention of potential and existing customers. In other words, your success depends on your ability to engage. Throughout the decades, this reality has moved countless companies to look for innovative communication platforms to reach that much sought-for target audience wherever they may be found. This might seem to be one of the most complex challenges you now face, especially because both audiences and the channels to reach them change faster than just a decade ago. Your audience, for example, might no longer be reached by a print newspaper ad or, even, by a TV commercial as media consuming habits have changed for the average individual across the globe. Your potential clients are, more likely, browsing the web for news, information, entertainment, human interaction and for products for which they have identified a need. This dynamic way of accessing information and reaching for connections means that you need to be there, right where your audience is and ready to engage them in a way that is convenient and familiar to them.
What is digital marketing?
Digital marketing stands for a world of opportunities, we will briefly cover some of them here. The term stands for the ways in which you can promote products, services or brands through the platforms that electronic media offers. This can mean social media sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. or a blog on your website, and can also include other communications channels like text messaging, mobile apps, mobile instant messaging, podcasts, digital TV and radio channels, etc. The opportunities are endless.
Why digital marketing?
As we have mentioned, it is very likely that your potential clients have changed their communication patterns. Most individuals are now used to connecting with the world on their own terms and digital channels can allow you meet them in that virtual space. Here are some things that you can benefit from when you develop the right strategy:
- Accessibility. Digital channels are engaging and easily accessible for you and for your audience. Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are free to join and use and require minimal investment to manage. Potential clients, on the other hand, can use a variety of digital channels and devices at their convenience, placing your content literally at their fingertips.
- Quantifiable results. Digital marketing allows you to see concrete results and statistic that can help you prioritize your strategies. For example, you can see the exact number of people who have visited your website in response to a specific ad or post or you can document trends in user’s behaviour as they navigate toward completing a sale on your site. This is also known as Returning Of Investment (ROI).
- Become easy to find. Search engines are continually cataloguing online content and ranking websites according to relevance. The more present you are online and the more relevant content you publish on your website such as through a regular blog or landing pages, the more likely it will be for these engines to direct web users to you. Of course, this content needs to be developed with a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategy in mind.
- Offer a complete experience. In marketing, you are constantly trying to help your client connect through images, stories or information. Digital marketing allows you to do this in a more complete way through text, image and sound across diverse digital platforms. For example, you can write a blog with relevant information, include images or links to a YouTube video you uploaded and share it via social media to a target audience. Your customer will be drawn by an experience that appeals to a number of senses and will also know that you are easy to reach should they have questions.
While digital marketing presents an evolving challenge that may seem difficult to manage, you can be certain that it offers a world of opportunities for engagement and can, ultimately, bring about increasing positive results. It allows you to see concrete evidence so that you are not making blind decisions regarding where and how to invest in marketing. What is most important is that digital marketing can make it possible for you to build trust and familiarity with your existing and potential clients in dynamic and coordinated ways.
Tackling the world of digital marketing
Digital marketing can indeed bring about positive results, but maximizing its potential and making it work for you can best be accomplished when you have an experienced team on your side. Here are some of the ways in which SeeThrough Web has helped clients engage online with their customers in the past and how we can assist you reach your marketing goals:
- Planning and Strategy
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Marketing and Social Media Updates
- Blog Content Creation
- Local Citations and Directory Profile Creation and Maintenance
- Measurement & Reporting
- Email Marketing
Whether you have considered putting together a digital marketing plan or have barely given it any thought, contact us to discover how to incorporate it successfully into your business plan. We have a specialized team that can either briefly go over some tips and ideas or assist you in drafting a digital marketing strategy to help your business connect and communicate effectively. Click here to visit our Digital Marketing page for further information.