The road to a successful membership website implementation begins with detailed planning. Here’s 10 things that should be considered before embarking on such a project.
- How many different types of membership will be available (ie bronze, silver, gold; annual, monthly, etc.)?
- Are multi-accounts possible? For instance, can a corporation sign up and have X number of users. If so, how is this managed?
- Is different content available to different types of members?
- How frequently will pricing change?
- Are there discounts available?
- How is the payment being processed (ie. live on the website as a member signs up, or manually in the office)?
- Can members upgrade, downgrade, or terminate their own accounts on the website? If so, how is website access and billing information updated?
- Can members change their billing information on the website?
- Do accounts expire? If so, are expiry notification emails required?
- Can accounts be renewed? If so how (automatic, manual, link through email, etc.)?
These 10 questions will get you headed in the right direction. If you’re looking for a partner in your website development who has done it before, please contact us to discuss the details in confidence.